The submachine gun 40 was produced by Erma and Steyr from 1940 until 1944. The very compact and easy to handle MP40 was build over a million times during this time. Its well known predecessors are the MP36 and the MP38.
The self-loading rifle with blowback in caliber 9mm features a housing and handle made of die-cast zinc, a barrel made of cold-forged special steel, a milled steel breech, a strong extractor claw, an active ejector and a folding rear sight.
Magazine capacity: 5
Barrel length: 18.5″