Common queries answered
Frequently asked Questions
Marstar Canada is open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm EST.
We are closed for lunch between 12pm and 1pm EST.
Marstar is closed to Canadian statutory holidays.
[email protected] For product-related information on firearms, parts, accessories, militaria and anything else we sell or buy.
[email protected] For questions related to your order, to order tracking and to invoicing.
[email protected] For reporting bad/broken links, requesting password resets or for other website matters (but no product-related questions please).
Important: our sales and service representatives can only answer the phone during office hours.
Toll-Free: 888-744-0066 (for calls from within Canada and the United States)
Local: 613-678-3173 (for calls from outside Canada and the United States)
Fax: 613-678-2359 (fax messages may be sent at any time of day)
Important: do not return goods to Marstar without contacting us in advance. For security reasons we will not accept delivery of any unexpected parcels: these will be returned to sender at their risk and expense. Please read how to return items for further details.
Marstar Canada Inc.
1763 Pleasant Corner road
Vankleek Hill, ON
Marstar is a warehouse operation, not a retail store. We do not have a showroom or a retail outlet (though many of our products are available at select firearms and militaria dealers across Canada).
We are not open to the public for security reasons. Please do not attempt to visit our warehouse: members of the general public and all those who have not booked an appointment with us in advance will be turned away.
We are available strictly on a ‘by appointment only’ basis to the following people:
a) Firearms Dealers who have a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre.
b) Purchasing agents for the military, museums, and law enforcement agencies with departmental authorization on official letterhead.
c) Movie Production Companies with a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre for the use of firearms in movie making.
d) You must be registered under the controlled Goods Act or possess the appropriate security clearance to gain access to Marstar’s facility.
The above are reminded that an appointment must be booked with us prior to their visit and that we do not have the facilities or additional staff to accommodate other visitors (please do not bring friends, relatives, spouses, or children: they will not be permitted to enter the building).
For over thirty years Marstar’s Ironclad Guarantee has remained the standard by which all Canadian militaria-related businesses are judged. It contains no fine print and is your assurance of our commitment to total customer satisfaction.
All of our products are covered by our 30-Day Ironclad Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us immediately for a refund, credit or exchange.
Please read the following before returning merchandise to Marstar Canada:
A) Before returning product(s) to Marstar please contact us to discuss the details of your return shipment and to
obtain a “Return Merchandise Authorization” (RMA #). Failure to comply may result in our refusing an unauthorized shipment and returning it to you, at your expense. Please contact us before proceeding.
B) Returned product(s) must be shipped to Marstar no later than 30 days after the original shipping date for Canadian orders or
no later than 45 days for U.S. and other foreign orders. The original shipping date is the date on which the order was shipped
from Marstar Canada (please see the postmark on the original parcel).
C) Product(s) being returned must be in the same condition as they were shipped and must not be altered, modified or have been
mistreated in any way. The product cannot be damaged due to customer use or abuse. All associated parts, accessories and
documentation included with the product(s) must also be returned in their original, unaltered condition.
D) When the above conditions have been met, the value of the product(s) being returned to Marstar will be reimbursed to the
client as a refund, credit or exchange. Shipping costs may or may not be reimbursed, depending on circumstances.
Marstar Canada will not reimburse any customs fees, duties, import taxes, brokerage fees or transaction fees that may be
imposed by other institutions.
E) Marstar Canada will not be liable for any appraisal services, cleaning, gunsmithing, inspection or other fees the client may have
incurred unless said services were authorized in advance, in writing, by Marstar Canada.
All returns are to be shipped via Canada Post “standard” shipping unless otherwise instructed.
Please: DO NOT ship COD for shipping charges as your parcel(s) will be refused.
DO NOT ship priority courier, as you will not be reimbursed for the additional charges.
DO NOT ship via Fedex, DHL, UPS, Dicom, Express Post, Priority Post or any other courier services.
Your shipment will NOT be accepted unless previously authorized by Marstar.
1) Military surplus and used firearms and products are described and illustrated as accurately as is humanly possible.
Most are 50+ years old and may have minor blemishes and will likely vary in appearance from those portrayed on our website.
Such variables will NOT constitute a valid reason for warranty consideration.
2) For military surplus and used firearms, if a refund is issued, it will not include any shipping costs.
3) Because each piece of wood has a unique appearance when used in stocks, grips etc, appearance differences from those
shown on our website will NOT constitute a valid reason for warranty consideration.
4) Variations in finish or bluing may differ from what is seen on a monitor – this is normal. Variations observed between the finish
on the firearm received and that of the firearm illustrated on our website will NOT constitute a valid reason for warranty consideration.
5) Product(s) that suffer damage, mistreatment or abuse by the owner will void the warranty.
6) ANY mechanical modification whatsoever to any firearm could void your warranty.
7) Before attempting to repair your firearm, please contact Marstar, as you could void your warranty.
Product(s) returned for reason(s) other than for being defective, particularly if special ordered, may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Important: never ship anything to Marstar without contacting us first. We will not accept unexpected shipments for security reasons and will not be responsible for postage and handling charges on parcels that have not been properly shipped.
Note: In order to take advantage of our Ironclad Guarantee, returned goods must be received by Marstar no later than 30 days after the original shipping date for Canadian orders, or no later than 45 days for U.S. and foreign orders. The original shipping date is the day the order was shipped from Marstar (consult the parcel’s postmark or packing slip for this).
1. Unless otherwise noted in our RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization), all returns must be shipped to us via parcel post surface mail (attn. U.S. clients: ‘parcel post’ means ‘USPS,’ not‘UPS!’). Some goods are required by law to be shipped via courier: if this is the case we will advise you of this and make special arrangements when you contact us.
2. All parcels containing returned merchandise must without exception be clearly marked return of unsatisfactory goods on the parcel’s address side along with the RMA # (‘returned merchandise authorization’ number) to assist us in identifying the parcel, its contents, and the reason the goods are being returned. If the parcel is being shipped to us from outside Canada, its Customs Declaration label must also be marked return of unsatisfactory goods.
3. Marstar Canada cannot reimburse or provide credit for the following:
– incorrect shipping and/or unauthorized use of non ‘parcel post’ method of shipping (ie. ‘using express, air mail, or courier services without our approval’);
– Canadian or foreign customs handling charges, duties, excise taxes, and customs broker fees;
– any transaction charges, interest, or other fees charged by the client’s financial institution.
– Cancelled orders and preorders may be subject to an up
1. Damaged Packages and/or Damaged Goods
Important: never ship anything to Marstar without contacting us first (click here for instructions on returning items to us). We will not accept unexpected shipments for security reasons and will not be responsible for postage and handling charges on parcels that have not been properly shipped.
Note: incidents of damage during shipment and lost items or parcels occurs very, very rarely. The following information is provided in the extremely unlikely event of loss or damage to a shipment: we encourage all clients to review the information provided below because there is no substitute for being prepared.
a) Whenever possible, do NOT sign for or accept delivery of any parcel that looks like it has been opened and/or damaged in transit unless and until the postal service or courier notes the issues with the shipment on the waybill, packing list, or shipping label.
b) Inspect the contents of the damaged parcels immediately and take note of any damaged or missing items therein. Taking a photo would be advised.
c) In accordance with Canada Post and courier policies, we (the shipper) must initiate the loss or damage claim with the shipping service. It is vital that we be contacted as soon as possible to start the paperwork. Please do not forget to have your invoice number and full contact information ready. We must file damage claims with the shipping company no later than 15 (fifteen) days after the items were shipped from us or we will not be compensated!
2. Lost Packages – Missing Shipments
Missing Canada Post Shipments: our postal service does not consider a domestically shipped letter or parcel to be officially lost until 60 days from the original shipping date have elapsed without delivery, and will not consider ‘loss claims’ filed prior to this 60 day limit. We must be notified in order to file the claim on your behalf.
Missing Expedited or Courier Shipments: If your parcel was shipped via Canada Post Expedited, Canada Post XpressPost, or courier service please contact us if it has not arrived after fifteen (15) days for shipments wihin Canada or after thirty (30) days for U.S. and freign shipments.